Friday, May 25, 2012

Finals are over. There's not enough time for me to update to 31.10 today. I'll get it done tomorrow. Whereupon I will continue to work on random stuff until I get a goal in mind.

There will be quite a few incomplete features in the next release. Feel free to take a look at them. Booster's are in the next release, but there's no way of actually performing them.

Right now I seem to be locked onto metals.

* I want to make rarer metals rarer. Notably gold, in Corrosion, I find that when I hit a gold vein I just make it a non-economic stone and I have my masons play with it for furniture. I've changed that by making them small clusters in stone layers. So in order to increase the amount of your high value items, it's wise to alloy gold with something else.

* I'm still hesitant on 'Titanium' per say, mostly because it conjures up the thought of an impenetrable metal. Yet my stats are very arbitrary. As it stands it's the second lightest metal, but all other stats are 10% stronger than iron. This is kind of kludgy, I'd like to add one of the formal ways of smelting it. But I won't be able to make one before the next release.

* Cupronickel has been vastly improved. It's now well worth making, just slightly less dense than Crucible Steel. It copies all other stats from bronze.

The Release After :

I'd also like to make certain useless jobs less useless. These won't be implemented in the next release, but rather the release after.

Bowyer : I'm leaning towards the removal of metal crossbows. You'd still be able to make xbows out of wood. I believe this is beneficial because it makes the bowyer skill extremely valuable if you use crossbows. Bayonet Crossbows / Heavy Crossbows (need a new name for the heavy crossbow things) will have to be made by combining a large knife and crossbow to produce a metal xbow.

Spinner : Going to experiment with reduced shearing times and greater quantities. The problem is that it has to compete with farming and silk gathering. Both which are automated and easy, as opposed to Spinning which is tedious to preform for very little game. So I doubt the reduced shearing times will solve the problem. It'd be better if I could have it produce more than one hair. The longer you wait, the more hair you'll get. I think this is possible. This way, shearing would be something that rewarded you for waiting, something that silk and crops do not allow.

Animal Caretaker : The apex of useless. it'll need a custom reaction in order to every be useful. If someone figures out an idea for this job, let me know, because you deserve a medal made of cookies mounted on a wreath of bacon.

Architects : While not useless, they are rather use-lacking, an extra job or two wouldn't hurt  Perhaps some complex trap component.

Presser : Similar to the Spinner, lots of work, little gain. Needs to be changed. Truth be told I've never pressed anything in the game. We'll see where this one leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment